What We Do Best Challenge - Week 2 (Get Well)

Hey, Stampers! I sure hope everyone is staying safe and healthy these days. I've had a bit of down time, so I've been playing along with the Technique Junkies What We Do Best Challenges. Each week is a different theme, and there is a $50 prize for the randomly selected winner. This is week 2 and the theme is Get Well. If you would like all the details of the contest, here is the link which includes last week's winner:  https://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/2020/04/tj-inkspiration-wwdb-challenge-week-one.html

I had a lot of fun using some older stamps and showing them some love. Here is my project:


I started with a black A2 card base. To that I added a layer of yellow cardstock. On another piece of yellow cardstock I stamped in black ink the Growing Wild Image:
GROWING WILD S661
I added some beautiful shimmer with TJ's Shimmering Bliss (Mindaro). I love the sheen it gives to the project. I added a black layer to that and attached it to the card. On a framed piece of vellum, using black ink, I stamped the sentiment and attached a bow. The sentiment is from this set:

BEE QUOTES S402
On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the adorable bee, also from the Bee Quotes set, two times - once for the base of the bee and once to secure the wings which were stamped on gold vellum. After trimming out my pieces and assembling the bee, I attached it to the card using foam squares. I then added some glossy accent to give the bee even more character. I curled the vellum wings up a bit so the whole bee would literally stand out from the card.
For the inside of the card, I used a gray ink to stamp multiples of the bee. I also did the same for the envelope front and inside panel. I used a sentiment from this set for the inside:
SIMPLE SENTIMENTS 2B SS02B

This card is all ready to be sent on to someone to brighten their day.

I hope you play along with the challenge. If you like these stamps (or any of the other products at Technique Junkies, feel free to use my special discount code at checkout to save 10% off your order. The code never expires!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...