What We Do Best Challenge - Card #2

I am still having fun creating submissions for the What We Do Best Challenge (click on the link for all the details) over at Technique Junkies. In case you hadn't heard, they are doing a four week challenge, with a different theme each week, and awarding a $50 gift certificate to the Technique Junkies shop.  Besides the chance of winning some cool prizes, crafting is a great way to pass the time during this social distancing period. The desire to thank hospital staff, police and fire fighters, EMT's, and grocery store workers is a great reason to create a thank you card. Here is my second card made for this challenge.



I used two stamp sets from Technique Junkies:
PENCIL TOP UPPER AND LOWER ALPHABET WITH NUMBERS


CREAKING TREES

I began with an A2 card base. I masked off the top and lower sections of the card with masking tape. Using an Ink Blending Brush, I applied and blended Aladine iZink Dye Inks in three colors: Aurore (Dawn), Cire (Wax), and Rose′ (Pink).


After carefully removing the mask, I added two score lines: one above and one below the inked area. With Amalgam Black Ink, I stamped the trees onto the inked section of the card. On a grided acrylic block, I laid out the sentiment with the letters from the PencilTop Alphabet, then stamped below the bottom score line. 

For the envelope, I applied the Aurore and Cire inks in a strip down the left edge. Then I stamped one of the trees at the bottom. I don't have a photo, but I also stamped a second and third generation of that same tree on the inside of the card in the lower right corner. I chose not to add a sentiment to the inside of the card so I could write my own personal message.

This is a one layer card, which will fit nicely in the coordinating envelope. And it's all ready to be sent to an essential worker to brighten their day.



I hope you come play along with this challenge, and I wish you the best of luck. Stay safe, stay healthy!

Before I go, just want to let you know that you can save 10% off all purchases at Technique Junkies by using my code below. This code never expires, so you may want to keep it handy!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!



No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...