Hanging Business Card Holder

Bulletin Board Business Card Holder

I know I have been MIA for quite a while.  Life sometimes gets in the way.  But I couldn't resist sharing this little pattern with you.  

I have several different piles of OPBCs (other people's business cards) on my desk and wanted a way to display them without having to put money into someone else's advertising.  So I came up with this simple and effective Business Card Holder to pin on the bulletin board.



As I was planning the layout/dimensions, I got to thinking how handy this would be to do for myself (fancier of course) to put my business cards in various places.  So after I got my measuring, cutting and scoring down to a very simple science, I set out to do a couple of fancy ones for MY business cards.  But first, here are the steps to get the basic one done.



Cut a piece of cardstock to 7.5" x 4.75".


Score vertically at .5" and 4.25".


Rotate and score at 1.5" and 2".  Then score at 3.5" only from the top to the score line and the bottom to the score line.


This is what it should look like after scored.

Now just a little trimming....Snip on the 3.5" score line only 1/2" to the vertical score line.  Do the same thing on the other side.  Then snip on the score lines over to the 1/2" score line on the 2" and 1.5" lines.  



It should look like this when you're done cutting.


Next, add adhesive to the top two tabs on each side.


And fold on the score lines and stick the sides together.





And there you have it!



Now, here is one I have done for MY business cards.  


I love how it turned out and as I look at it, I can see other ways to use it as well.  It could be hung from the bottom of a flier or poster.  Or the top could be scored and folded backwards as a stand so it could sit on your desk.  A hole could be punched at the top and it could be hung on a pin, hook, or magnet.

I hope this comes in handy for some of you.  I would love to see what you've done using this pattern.

Happy crafting!  Until next time, keepin' my fingers inky and my Cricut chirpin'!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Metal Business cards said...

Exactly what i was looking for to use for my own business cards..thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Great article. I am experiencing some of these issues as well.
.
my site: Mini Monster Schlüsselanhänger

Grace said...

I absolutely love this, this is exactly what I've been searching for, thank you!!!

Samantha said...

Awesome, I'm making this today to hang on cork boards for advertising my Stampin'Up! Business. Thanks for sharing!

AnastasiaPhotoArt said...

Thank you, I will try this this week. I am planing on hanging them with my photographs. I was looking for something like this since I know already how to make cards. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Which score pad did you use? I noticed there are several score pads available.

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...