Just Because

I've been busy making lots of cards during this Social Distancing period. Crafting helps keep me sane with all the crazy going on in the world. I picked up a new stamp at a stamping trade show earlier this year (BC...Before Covid). I finally had an opportunity to play with it. After I stamped it, it was too pretty to cover up with a lot of other "stuff", so I kept it very, very simple.


The color doesn't show true in this pic. It is actually a soft pink with a sheer pink ribbon.

I started by stamping onto pink cardstock, this beautiful background stamp called Bird and Letter Collage from Technique Junkies. I love their stamps. They are a nice rubber and stamp wonderfully. I used a brown ink and my MISTI to accomplish this. I trimmed down the piece and edged the panel with the same brown ink I used to stamp the image. This finishes off the panel nicely.


I added some delicate pink ribbon to the panel. Then, using rub-on letters, I added the Just Because sentiment. Simple. Elegant.

The panel was then attached to a brown A2 card base (4.25" x 5.5"). This background is so pretty, it didn't need any additional embellishing. 

Well, that's my card for today. Hope you found a little inspiration during this crazy time. If you like this stamp (or any of the other Technique Junkies products), you can save 10% at checkout by entering this never-expiring code below:


Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky.


1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love love love. Even your ribbon is tied perfect. Love your BC stamp.

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...