Deconstructed Long & Short

Two Birds, One Stone!

I am sitting here looking at the snow blowing around outside my window and thinking how pretty it is...that is, until I have to go out in it.  Fresh snow makes everything look clean and bright.  But it's just so darn cold!  Now, if I could be curled up by a nice cozy fire with a Hot Buttered Rum in one hand and a good book in the other......ahhhh, to dream.

My DD needed a bridal shower card this weekend and asked if there were any challenges I was going to do that I could do a card for her.  Oh, darn, twist my arm.  LOL  I love me some challenges!  


I decided to tackle two different ones....Deconstructing Jen's Deconstructed Sketch #85 and CAS-ual Fridays' CFC 86: Long & Short.



I used the script paper that I had in my scrap stash as my inspiration for colors. As a matter of fact, all the stuff I used was from my scrap pile with the exception of the stamp (Stampin' Up!).  I colored the image using Prismacolor Colored Pencils and added some lace, washi tape and ribbon.  The background stamp on the card base is also from SU!.  The inside of the card's sentiment was just handwritten.




While this wasn't by far one of my more favorite cards, it still turned out okay. I have to admit that I did have some help...my 2-1/2 year old Granddaughter was "helping" Gammy.  It took me hours to do this project with her help.  But that's just fine cuz I love spending time with her.  As a matter of fact, I think I'll be adding a small pink table and chair to my craft room just for her (and her sister when she gets a bit older).  Who knows what wonderful things they'll create with the right encouragement?!  

So, that's it for today.  Happy crafting!!

1 comment:

Angie Tieman said...

Love how you took that sketch and made it into a long and short card! Such a nice mix of elements with that lace! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...