Fantabulous Cricut #175: Heat Wave

Chillax!!!

That's my mantra for today.  It's gloomy outside, I have a ton of things to do, and I have a headache. So I'm telling myself to just "Chillax".


The theme this week over at Fantabulous Cricut is Heat Wave.  When I think of summer heat, I think of the ocean, and when I think of the ocean, I picture shells and crabs.  And what better way to represent a heat wave then with this adorable "cool crab"?


I started out with a BIG card base (kraft cardstock: Recollections).  It measures 7.5" x 5.5" folded.  I cut some of the blue Cricut cardstock for a mat at 1/8" smaller and then the top piece of kraft cardstock at 1/4" smaller.

For the elements on the card, I used the Cricut Craft Room and set up the images like this:

Cartridges used:  Cricut Craft Room Basics (letters); Just Because Cards (sun); Create A Critter (crab); Paper Dolls for Every Day (sunglasses).
I used Cricut cardstock (I love the way this cardstock cuts!) and planned where each image would be so I didn't waste any of the cardstock.


I tossed the "dots" for the "i" and used Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest) to add my customary bling.  I inked the crab and sun to add a little dimension and added a little white highlight with a gel pen on the sunglasses.  I popped the center of the sun up on some dimensional foam and added an Action Wobble to the crab for a little "jiggle".  His cheesy grin was hand drawn.


I hope you enjoyed my card today and are a little inspired to do some chillaxin' of your own.  Now pop on over to Fantabulous Cricut and see what the other DT members have to show you.  And, please, feel free to play along.  The more, the merrier!!!

Presenting.......

Vinyl Education Week

During the month of September, FCCB will be featuring Vinyl University and some wonderful vinyl projects and education.  For more information, check this out:


Order your vinyl now with a special discount code.  Click the link above to get more information and your special code!  We are looking forward to this fun, educational, inspirational challenge!  Hope to see you there!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!


Supplies used:  Cricut Cartridges (Cricut Craft Room Basics, Just Because Cards, Create A Critter, Paper Dolls for Every Day), Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest), Action Wobbles, Ink (Stampin' Up!), Gel Pen, Cricut Expression 2, Cricut Craft Room

9 comments:

Amy said...

Super cute and fun!

Mollie said...

Awesome card! LOVE the "chillax" sentiment! Your crab is too cute! Fabulous job!

Missy said...

This is fantastic Ro! The crab is so cute, and I like the gems you added to the sentiment!

L.B. said...

So much fun. Love your crab and the repeating words

Michelle N. said...

I love how you added dimension to the crab, and the sentiment is great!

Docerela said...

Nicely done. Great touch by adding the dew drops on the words.

Have a blessed week

Dt sister

Catarina

Connie Can Crop said...

He's a keeper! Love the crab!! And the saying is cute!! I love to chillax!! LOL!

Heather said...

Super cute! I love the crab with the sunglasses and the gems in the sentiment!

Lynn B. said...

He's so adorable, and chillaxing sounds like a great plan!! I love those dew drops, never seen them before believe it or not (have to go check them out!).

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...