Deconstructed Sketch #112

Ice Cream Sherbet Colors

I am playing along with another of the Deconstructing Jen challenges since I made some time to play in my craft room. Here is the sketch:
As I was going through my paper stash to see what "spoke" to me, I came across some gorgeous papers from Club Scrap's Painted Desert kit from way back when.  These papers are so creamy and gorgeous that I was afraid to use them.  I didn't want to waste them.  They were too beautiful to cut.  Do you ever have that problem?  I made myself "get over it" because these papers didn't just "speak" to me, they "screamed"!!!

So with the sketch in site and my papers in hand, cut I did.  And I'm so happy I did, because this card turned out lovely.

Deconstructed Sketch #112
The colors remind me of ice cream sherbet.  The subtle pattern on the paper is striking and the laser-cut die makes a beautiful frame for the silk flower.  Look at that amazing detail!


Well, that's it for me for now.  Going to play a little more in my craft room while the sun still shines (I love crafting by natural light!).

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

Supplies used:

2 comments:

L.B. said...

These colors are good together. Great sentiment.

Jen Shults said...

This is lovely! I really like all the wonderful elements you used! Thanks for joining us for DS112!!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...