Glitter Swirl from The Robins Nest and Craft Room Updates

Lots to Share Today!

Oh boy, have I been busy!  Those of you who are regular readers of my posts know how often I update, rearrange and reorganize my craft space (newbies can see my posts here). Well...whoops I did it again!  I had some rebates to use so I bought myself a new desk chair (bye-bye backaches!), a couple more cube units, and a computer desk (no more board-on-a-ledge!).  And with all that new stuff came the rearranging bug.  Out with the hutch (which I liked but was not really practical and didn't provide very much storage for it's size) and so-long to the short bookcase.  I have to say I'm loving the new look and feel.  It's bright (thanks to the ugly lights my hubby rigged for me) and clean and cheerful.  Here is one of my goofy little videos giving you a quick view of my updated digs:


And since my room is again my happy place, I have been feeling very creative...which is good since I have a LOT of projects to get done.  Besides the Design Team commitments (The Robins Nest and Fantabulous Cricut), I have several things I am working on for my niece's wedding on September 14th.  They are all projects of love though, so I am happy to be busy!

I have two cards to share with you today using the gorgeous glittery Classic Glitter Swirl cardstock from The Robins Nest.  



For this B&W card, I started with a base of 6.25" x 8" and scored at 4".  For the topper, I cut the glitter swirl cardstock using a template from HOTP.  I adhered the topper on some black cardstock and cut around the shape to create a mat.  I wrapped some black ribbon around the topper and attached that piece to the card base.  I tied a bow and attached that to the ribbon with a glue dot.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment, then added a few pearls and a couple of Dazzles in the corners.


Supplies Used:  Classic Glitter Swirl cardstock (The Robin's Nest); White Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest); Black and white cardstock (Recollections); Design Tool #1 (HOTP); Stamp: Heard from the Heart (Stampin' Up!); Dazzles (HOTP); Versamark ink; Black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!), Ribbon (Unknown)




This pink card features the Pink Glitter Swirl cardstock.  I used a card sketch from Operation Write Home as my layout inspiration.  I started with a 5.5" x 8" base, scored at 4.25".  I cut the glitter cardstock to 3" x 5.5" and adhered that to the card base. I added some Dazzles strips to the top and bottom of that layer.  I added a .75" x 5.5" strip of black cardstock to the glitter layer.  I then cut a piece of pink cardstock at 2" x 3.75", distressed and inked the edges, and adhered that to the card.  I used a feather butterfly and added some Dew Drops for accents.  I added a few more Dew Drops to the black strip.



Supplies Used:  Classic Glitter Swirl cardstock (The Robin's Nest); Pink Dew Drops and Pink Tear Shaped Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest); Black and pink cardstock (Recollections), Feather Butterfly (Unknown)

I hope I didn't overwhelm you today with all my ramblings.  Glad you could join me!  And before I go, here is a quick pic of one of my little helpers, Mimi.  I have 7 dogs, but this one seems to be in here whenever I am. So she got the photo!


Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the glitter cardstock and the dew drop accents, especially on the butterfly! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...