Sketch~N~Scrap Card Sketch #20

It's time for another Card Sketch from Sketch~N~Scrap!

I really enjoy being on this Design Team. Whenever I have been stuck with my card creativity, I turned to sketches I found on the web. They give me just the jump-start I need to encourage my mojo to surface. And I couldn't be happier to be a part of Sketch~N~Scrap. My mojo has been singing!

The sketch this time is by Lisa Hidy.


I love the fact that these sketches are a BASE for you to build from. Feel free to change it from an A2 size card to a 5x5" card, or flip it from vertical to horizontal. Move the embellishments a bit or substitute buttons for hearts, washi tape for ribbon, lace for circles. The sky is the limit!

I chose to do a 5"x5" card. 


I layered some textured cardstock on some kraft paper, which I placed on a rust colored card base. The lace doily cutout is from Gina's Designs.  The lace block at the bottom was created using a punch. I punched both edges (top and bottom) and trimmed it to my desired length. The "cording" through the buttons is simply the same cardstock cut into very thin strips. It gives the buttons and clean, finished look and keeps them coordinated with the card. Much easier that threading a needle or trying to shove ribbon into those tiny holes!


I love all the texture this card offers. From the laser cut die to the die-punched border, the textured paper and the dimensional buttons. And the best part? This can be used for a woman OR A MAN! The colors give it a more neutral, almost masculine appeal even though there are lacy elements.


For the inside of the card, I added a simple sentiment from a birthday stamp set from HOTP.


I added a little colored pencil coloring to a couple of the stamp elements to finish it off.

So, there you have it! I hope you head over to Sketch~N~Scrap to play along with this challenge. If you prefer scrapbook layouts, no worries! They have those too!!!! And you will find lots of inspiration from the Design Teams for both the scrapbook challenges and the card challenges. So head over there for great ideas, great inspiration, great sketches, and great prizes!

I would love it if you share this with your crafty friends! Crafters are the BEST people!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...