FCCB #197: I Heart You


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!




Challenge #197 I Heart You
Use a heart

This Weeks Sponsor
Jaded Blossom

Winner will receive the Love Stings stamp set
~This Weeks Challenge~
I Heart You
Create a project that uses a heart

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and 
if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.


Love is in the air with Valentine's Day just around the corner. And this week's challenge coordinates very well with that! For my project, I chose to use the Spring Fever Holiday Cartridge. It had a beautiful filigree heart which made a perfect backdrop for my card.


I created a white card base, size 5" x 5". I then embossed a 4 7/8" x 4 7/8" piece of cardstock using the Cross My Heart embossing folder from Cricut. 

I added the beautiful filigree heart which was cut at 4.5" using red cardstock from Cricut. The image on top of that was made using a Stampin' Up set called A Little Bit of Happiness. The hearts were colored with Spectrum Noir markers and it was attached with a bit of foam tape.


The final touch was the elegant Love wooden diecut (from Gina's Designs) accented with a piece of pink satin and sheer ribbon.

For the inside of the card, I added a simple sentiment and used the outside of the filigree heart. (Nothing goes to waste!)


If you like my card, please share it on Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest. I hope you enjoyed my post and that you will join us in the challenge this week.

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...