SinCity Stamps Design Team Tryouts

Oh, SinCity Stamps....PICK ME! PICK ME!


Yup. I'm at it again. I have another Design Team I am desperately coveting.  This is what I hope to be displying soon....


SinCity Stamps has an AMAZING selection of stamps.  I just recently discovered them and immediately placed an order.  Unfortunately, the set I ordered was a pre-order, so I didn't get it in time for their Design Team Tryouts.  

In order to "compete" for a spot on the Design Team, I needed to make a card showcasing my stamping abilities and techniques.  There were sooooo many to chose from, I had a really hard time narrowing it down.  Then I kept getting interruptions (life just does that sometimes).  Then I kept dropping things.  Then my internet was acting up and what should have taken 20 minutes to post took hours.  But I toughed it out and finished...on time.  Whew!  I've never had such a tough time with a post before.

But anywhooooo...Here is my project....


I chose to do a side-step card.  If you would like instructions and measurements for this card, they can be found on Split Coast Stampers, or, if you have a Silhouette Cameo, you can download a file to do the cutting for you from the Silhouette Store.  That's what I did.  So easy peasy.

Here are the basic instructions for my card.

Cut out card base and layers. 


Using a permanent ink stamp pad, stamp design in brown ink.  I use brown because it isn't so stark of a contrast compared to black when watercoloring.   Color with Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils and use a water brush to "paint" the images.  Let dry.


Archival Ink

Art Impressions Stamp Set
Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils
Next step is to stamp the stamps again and color and cut out the sections that are to be "popped up".  I chose the bunny, watering can, bench and flower pot.  I added a coat of Glossy Accents to give them a little shine.  Be sure to let it dry!

Glossy Accents
Meanwhile, back at the Batcave...

I used some Marvy Brush Markers to "watercolor" the layers.  I determined where the stamped images would sit and colored the background to match up.  These markers are so easy to paint with.  Simply "scribble" some color into a tray and add a few drops of water from the water brush.  Mix and paint.  

Marvy Makers

Palette and Water Brush

Start of Water Coloring

More Watercoloring

When those are dry, adhere them to the card base.  


Now it's time for some dimensions!  I used Flower Soft on the plants to add some texture and dimension.  I love this stuff!

My Flower Soft Collection
Dots of Adhesive

Flower Soft Colors
Once those pieces are dry, it's time to add the dimension dots to the back of the pop-up pieces.

Pop-Up Squares
Put all the pieces into place, add a few pearls and a sentiment tag, and TA-DAH!  You have a wonderful card! (Not to mention a very messy desk!)

Messy Desk...Lovely Card
Here are some close-up pictures of the main areas of the card.






And one more look at the finished piece.


I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.  Keep your fingers crossed that I make the team.  I will keep you posted!  And feel free to follow me and/or leave comments.  I love both!

Until next time, keepin' it crafty!

4 comments:

Cindy Vernon said...

Your card turned out great. Good luck.

Proxxon Tools said...

fun techniques in this card, thanks for appling to be apart of the Sincity Stamps DT

Proxxon Tools said...

Great post, thanks for your interest in be apart of the Sincity Stamps DT

Shanna Shands said...

This is really adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...