FCCB #166: Frame It!

Woosah!


I find myself saying that all the time (remember all the "woosah's" from Bad Boys 2?) to remind myself to relax and be calm.  I say it to other people to tell them to "chill out".  I say it to myself at night when my brain lets all the rampant thoughts impede my sleep.  It has become my mantra.  

One of my "woosah" enablers is picturing a tropical beach.  I would live on one if I could.  Something about the ocean and the salty air and the seagulls.  And it wouldn't hurt to have an umbrella drink, namely a Bahama Mama, in my hand as well.  And some steel drums playing in the background.  Ahhh...I'm relaxing already.

So when this weeks FCCB theme came around, Frame It, I immediately pictured a picture.  Go figure.  But the picture that came to mind was my tropical beach.  My inspiration for this project.



And this is what my woosah moment inspired:



I decided to "frame" a shaker-box and add a little beach.  It started out with my watercoloring a tropical sunset (really getting into the mixed media on this one!).



I used George and Basic Shapes to design my 1/8" wide frame and cut it out of cardboard four times.  I adhered each layer with tape and used a marker to color the edges.


My white gel pen came in handy for adding some waves to the watercolor and "relax' to the acetate.


I cut out the palm trees from "Life Is A Beach" and added a little detail with a green Crayon.  Yes, a crayon.  Don't judge.  I like it.


I purposely offset the green leaves to give the trees a little more dimension and shadowing.  I then used some strong adhesive tape and attached the palm trees to the background and the frame base to the watercolor.  Then I added my beach sand and attached the acetate to the top.  I then attached my top frame cut from teal cardstock and added a shell from the sticker stash.  


I think I may actually KEEP this card for myself.  I have it sitting on my desk at work to remind me to WOOSAH...relax...breathe deeply...be calm.  

Hopefully you are all relaxed now too and can hop on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and see what the other Design Team Members have framed up for you.  Come play along and share what you've created!  

Woosah.


Until next time, keepin' it crafty!



5 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Amazing detail on this very relaxing and entrancing frame project. I hear the waves calling me.

Love this! Would be great at my desk at work.

Susie

L.B. said...

so so cool. Love what you created here/ the sunset alone is amazing.

Missy said...

This is terrific I like the scene you created.

Tammy Schmitt said...

Wow! A work of art!

~Tammy

Mollie said...

What an amazing creation! You did a fantastic job!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...