PCCCS #55

A Little Old, A Little New....Perfect Blend

I'm playing along today with the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch challenge.  They have some really great card sketches and I've enjoyed the inspiration they've provided for me to get some cards done!  Here is the sketch:
PCCCS #55
I really like doing square cards.  And I'm always in need of thank you's, so here is what I put together:

For some reason this looks yellow and purple, but IRL it is yellow and deep red (color of sentiment)/
I love the color combination.  It's kind of between summer and fall.  I used Riding Hood Red  and Summer Sun papers and inks from Stampin' Up!  They are the "old".  The sentiment is from the SU! Artfully Asian set.  The "new" are the flowers (on the background and the main image) which are from the SU! Simply Soft set. I also used the oval and corner punches from SU!.  The ribbon and button were from my leftover stash and the bling is provided via the Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest).

Here are a couple of close-ups so you can see the very subtle background stamping and the highlights on the flowers.


So that's it for today.  Hope you enjoyed your visit here!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

2 comments:

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

I love making square cards too and I simply adore your colour scheme. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week. Carolyn x

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

I love making square cards too and I simply adore your colour scheme. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week. Carolyn x

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...