The Robin's Nest Design Team

Going Wild with The Robin's Nest Animal Prints!


Hi to all my followers and my new Robin's Nest friends!  I am excited to share with you a couple of cards I created using the wild and sparkly Animal Print paper from The Robin's Nest!

Hint:  You can get these awesome papers this month for 20% off!!!!


Both cards are 5" x 5" (cut cardstock 5" x 10" and score on the 5" mark).  I cut matting layers 4 7/8" and the animal print cardstock at 4 3/4".  

The base layer for the caffeine card is cream. The next layer is the solid side of the animal printer cardstock and the top layer is the glitter/print side of the animal print cardstock.  

The porcupine was stamped on cream cardstock and cut to size.  It was then mounted on a larger piece of the solid side of the Animal Print cardstock.  The "critter" was colored with Tombo markers and the outline detail was drawn with the markers as well.  

Diamond Dew Drops were added as an accent on the image layer.


The sentiment was stamped in brown ink and torn to size.  Gold Dew Drops were added as an accent.

At the bottom of this post, you will see the supplies list for both cards.

And as you're checking that list out, be sure to click on the links to The Robin's Nest and see all the wonderful colors and shapes available in the Dew Drops.  They are truly awesome!!!  Especially for someone who likes a little bling (like me!).

The Think Big Card was fun to make.  The colors and the glittery elephants are just so cheery!  

I used both sides of the cardstock.  You'll find that the solid color sides make for excellent matting.  They perfectly coordinate with the glittery front.

I cut the smaller elephants down to a small rectangle and mounted them on the solid cardstock.  Before that was mounted on the layers, I used some beautiful ribbon I had in my stash and tied a knot.  The ribbon added the perfect glimmer.

The sentiment was stamped on....are you ready.....a paint chip!  I am always picking up paint chips when I accompany my DH to the hardware store.  Ok, I admit, I have made trips to the hardware store alone just to pick up paint chips for my craft projects.  Shameless, I know.




Who would have thought a color called "Anti-Freeze" would be so perfect?!

I adhered the sentiment and the elephants to the front of the card and added a little big of bling in the form of Dew Drops!  Between the shimmer of the ribbon and the glitter on the paper and the sparkly little Dew Drops, this card just pops!
 

And here is a little peek at the inside of the card.  I haven't decided which sentiment to put in there yet.  It could be used as a congratulations card or a graduation card, or even a card of support.

Don't those elephants twinkle so pretty?!

I am so happy to be a part of The Robin's Nest Design Team, cuz I get to use all these awesome papers and Dew Drops for my projects.  Just sayin'.


So here are the supplies used for the Porcupine Caffeine card:

Brown on Brown Glitter Animal Print (The Robin's Nest)
Robin's Nest Dew Drops: Burnt Umber Diamonds and Vintage Round Gold
Cream Cardstock (Recollections)
Vellum (Recollections)
Porcupine Stamp M-21 (Stamps by Judith)
Caffeine Sentiment Stamp 94708-M (Inkadinkado)
Tombo Markers
Archival Ink - Coffee (Ranger)


And the supplies used for the Think Big card:
Blue Glitter Elephant Animal Print (The Robin's Nest)
Blue Teardrop Dew Drops: Fire and Ice Collection (The Robin's Nest)
Blue Diamond Dew Drop
Paint Chip (Behr Paint)
Sheer Ribbon
Think Big Sentiment Stamp (Club Scrap)
Ink: Paris Dusk (Memento)



Hopefully you are as excited as I am about this wild animal print collection of papers.  Remember, 20% off on these beauties all month!!  If you would like to see more awesome crafts and ideas, follow along with Chattering Robin's Blog (and me too!).  

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

1 comment:

L.B. said...

very fun papers. Love that elephant image as well

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...