PCCCS #52

Hi, Again!

I'm back with another challenge card for Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch Challenge.  I came across this blog and now I can't seem to stop playing along.  LOL

Here is the sketch:


The sketch really appealed to me.  I think it's because it's a square card and I really like those lately (...subject to change like the weather).   And since I'm dreaming and wishing I could just hang out on the beach with an umbrella drink in my hand, I pulled out my shell stamps and went to town...er...the beach.  


I started out with a 5.25" square card base.  I spritzed the matting layer (5" square) with Smooch Spritz and set aside.  I then cut three pieces of twill ribbon and spritzed two of them with Smooch Spritz.  I cut a smaller piece for my main image mat and tore another cream color piece of cardstock for my top layer.  I stamped one shell in brown on the torn paper.  I then stamped the other shell in blue on a scrap piece and fussy-cut it out and attached some dimensional foam to the back.  The colored twill was attached to the mat along with the stamped layer and popped up shell.  The plain twill was attached and wrapped to the back of the mat.  The mat was then attached to the card and the fish and silver pearls added.


For the inside of the card, I added another matting layer and stamped more shells with Versamark and added a little of the blue spritz spray.


I opted to skip the sentiment on this card so I will be able to use it for whatever occasion presents itself. I think this would be an excellent masculine card.  They are usually a little harder to come by, and I'm happy to be able to add one to my stash!

Supplies used;
  • Stamps:  Stippled Shells (SU!)
  • Twill Tape (SU!)
  • Smooch Spritz:  Sea Breeze and Caramel Latte (ClearSnap)
  • Cardstock (Recollections)
  • Ink: Versamark; Paris Dusk (Memento); Coffee (Ranger)
  • Embellishments: Fish (K & Co.), Silver Pearls (Michaels)

Hope you enjoyed my card!  Feel free to leave me some blog love.  I enjoy reading your comments!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

4 comments:

L.B. said...

Loving the sprays on this very fun look.

Heather said...

Oh wow - I love the fish on vellum - he's just swimming along... The torn edges are also perfect for your layers - I am square card challenged, but yours is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Paper Craft Crew!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Loving all the elements on your card together. It truly looks like the beach. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew! Carolyn x

Pam Staples said...

Love your card and definitely makes me want to go to the beach (and I'm only 1 1/2 hours from the beach)! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...