SUMMER TIME...LIFE IS BRIGHT!

The sun is shining and boy is it bright outside! As the winner of the Getting Cricky Design Challenge, I am thrilled to be the Guest Designer for the Sunday Spot. Their challenge to me was to do something summer themed. My challenge to me was to do it in my camper with limited supplies (not to mention no space, no patience, and very little time). So, is it wrong to make a card for YOURSELF? Well, that's exactly what I did!

I got to thinking about the stamp I knew I wanted to use. Then it all popped into my head. Life is Bright. It can be bright from sunshine or lightning. Good or bad, it's what you make it. You can choose to see it as frightful and difficult, or you can put on your rose tinted glasses and find the good in everything. I believe everything happens for a reason, so I am constantly reminding myself to trust God and believe there is a purpose for everything that goes on in life.

A perfect example, my mom was rushed to the hospital a week ago with a bowel obstruction and had to have emergency surgery. Lighting. As she was undergoing surgery and testing, they found she had a mild heart attack and think there may be a blockage in her artery. Both are something that can be fixed, but if she had not had the bowel obstruction, they may not have found the heart problem in time. Sunshine.

So as I am sitting at my little table in my fifth wheel, preparing my blog post from my ipad, I am feeling very blessed that I am fairly healthy (I'm ignoring my painful knees and ankle) and that my mom is being well cared for with good physicians and nursing staff. I am choosing to wear my rose tinted glasses and see the good things in life today.

So, this is what my craft space looks like this morning. Kind of like a craft tornado hit.



But, it was all worth the mess. Cuz here is what I came up with:



I found the terrific background paper in my camper craft stash. Amazing how it fit right in with my theme and layout. I used the Everyday Paperdolls cartridge for the girls and their accessories, and the sun. The letters are from George. For everything on this card (except the background and the actual bodies), I used plain white card stock and my Stampin' Up markers to color everything in. The rose tinted glasses are done with vellum paper that was colored with a rose colored marker. And the faces I just drew in myself since I don't have my Peachy Keen stamp faces (yet). And the fantastic stamp was from the Positive Thoughts set of K. Andrew Designs Art Stamps.

This card is going to sit on my craft shelf to remind me that Life Is Bright and I am choosing to wear my rose tinted glasses and find the positive things God has provided.  I'm also going to enter it in the Pen Challenge at http://www.gettingcricky.com/

Until next time, keepin my fingers inky and my Cricut chirpin.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

such a cute card.. so glad they caught everything... There is a silver lining in every situation!

cute card .. love it..

Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply SUnday Challenge

kathy
GCDTM

Gloria said...

So cute. I love those glasses.

Precious Hugs

Kathy said...

This is so darn cute, I love it. Great job!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Squirlygirl said...

Great positive attitude, Love your card! I'm so happy that your mom is doing well, you are so right every does happen for a reason. Congrats on being our Guest Designers too :)
~Hugs~
Becky- Getting Cricky DTM
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This card is so beautiful and there is absolutely nothing wrong with making cards for yourself...I've done it, too! I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts for your mom's speedy recovery. I'm a new follower and I look forward to your future projects :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

scrapperbecka said...

Love your step card, it is adorable. I like the paperdolls you used. Great job!
Thanks for playing with us this week.
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a cute card. Your little girls are adorable. Such a fun card:) Thanks for sharing and I pray for your Mom to have a speedy recovery!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sharon N said...

This is an adorable card. Soo summery! Love it!

Anonymous said...

eeeeek really????? you craft in a camper too--eeek-_I knew we were soul sisters--this confirms it!! lol
Your project is absolutely FABULOUS girl! I love it!
YOU ROCKED being a guest designer!

Aim said...

Congrats on being the Guest Designer at Getting Cricky!! What a treat it is to read your post -- I'm all for positive attitudes (and YES, I believe it's okay to make yourself the card!!)... It's so wonderful to see someone else finding the positive in each situation... I'm so thankful to hear that your mom is doing well -- And I'm thankful for the doctors who were so perfectly placed for that situation!! God is SO good!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM

promisedland said...

I love your thought process. Kind of like - is the glass half full or half empty? Awesome card.

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...