Get Well, Mommy!

My mom just went through some pretty serious surgery over the weekend.  She had a perforated bowel and was in pretty bad shape.  Thank God she went to the hospital where they did emergency surgery and she is now recovering.  So, of course, it's no surprise I had to make her a little inspirational card. 


I used the Pagoda cartridge for most the trees, bridge and pagodas.  The bridge is sort of 3d (boy, do I love dimension on my cards).  The kanji (health) and grass were free svg files.  I love having the flexibility to use either cartridges or SCUT.  That way I can make sure I get the best of all elements on my projects.  I used miscellaneous papers (I'm trying to use up scraps) and chalk inks to color. 

When y'all are saying your prayers today, I would sure appreciate it if you'd include my mom in your well-wishes.  Thanks!

Until next time, keepin' my fingers inky and my Cricut chirping.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! THis is gorgeous! : )

mema said...

Awesome card! great job
mema

Pat Huntoon said...

I hope your mom gets better -- that card should help ALOT! It is really beautiful.

Pat Huntoon said...

I hope your mother feels better...this card should help! It really is gorgeous.

paperscissorsink said...

Beautiful card!

beanie said...

Just beautiful hope your Mom id feeling better soon

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Ro, what an adorable card creation. You did such a fantastic job. The details are amazing. TFS! ~Shen

MyCuriousCrafts said...

I hope your mother gets in much better health very soon. ~Shen

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! Glad your mom is on the mend. :-)

Dee said...

Gorgeous!

The Craftin Mama said...

I just came accross your blog from the Operation Owl Blog Hop. I love this card, it is so beautiful!! I hope your Mom is feeling better.

Ildi-The Craftin Mama
www.thecraftinmama.blogspot.com

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...