Havin' A Whale of A Time!
This week's challenge on Fantabulous Cricut is a shaped card. Don't panic! Shaped cards are incredibly easy to do if you know the tricks.
In addition to many shaped cards on cartridges like A Child's Year, Just A Note and Wild Card (just to name a few), you can create your own shaped card with your Gypsy or with the Cricut Craft Room.
I chose the Create A Critter cartridge to do my little Whale:
- Select your desired shape. It helps to have a shape that has some solidness to it's side. You want something you will be able to "connect" when you do the mirror image.
- Place the base shape on your screen twice, and add all the necessary layers of the image. Size them the card size you want. (This one is approximately 5" high.) That will ensure that all layers will fit the way they are supposed to.
- Select only one of the base images and flip it from right to left. Move it to the opposite image. I use my cursor keys to move it so it slightly overlaps the mirror image.
- Select "weld" and you will have your card base.
- Now all you have to do is score and assemble your card!
Easy peasy, nice and breezy! I added a little bandaid to the front and an adorable sentiment to the inside.
Til next time, keepin' it crafty!