FCCB #154

HAPPY EASTER!!!

...And I've Been Published Again!!


I can't believe it's Easter already.  And yet, there's still snow and blustery weather in the air.  I am so ready for Spring.  Especially since I just returned from a two week vacation in Florida and the Caribbean.  To go from 80's to the teens in a matter of hours....can I say Y U C K !?!

First up, a little good news....another of my cards has been published in the Scrap & Stamp Arts Magazine!  The June 2013 issue features my "Special Dad" Father's Day card submission.  And, it's under "Various Artists!"  Woo Hoo!!!  They think I'm an ARTIST!!!  (Doing a happy dance!)



But I don't know why they put by "Rosanne" instead of "Ro"....Grrrrr.  Oh well, it's a teensy issue in the grand scheme of life.

Next up:  FCCB Challenge #154 - Easter!

This week's Challenge Me Monday theme is Easter.  And I, along with the other Design Team members, have a project to share!  I knew I wanted to do a side-step card and I knew glitter would be involved (shocker, right?).  But that was all I knew.  But once I started thumbing through the Create A Critter 2 manual, it wasn't long before I had my design firmly scribbled on my idea pad.

So, without further delay, here is my cheery, Easter-y, glittery card:

FCCB Challenge #154
I cut out the chick at 3" and the eggs at 2" and 1".  Happy Easter was also at 1".  I love this cartridge!!





I had ordered some new cardstock from Cricut and I have to say...it is AWESOME!  Cuts like a dream!  This is the only cardstock I used on this project (with the exception of the base and background paper) and you can bet I will be using this all the time!


I also used a variety of Stickles to get my desired amount of "bling" and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Here are some close-ups...




Hope you have a wonderful Easter!  But first, head on over to Fantabulous Cricut and check out all the wonderful projects from the Design Team!  Hopefully you will be inspired to play along too!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Congrats on your publication, and super cute card---I like all the sparkle!

Connie Can Crop said...

First off congrats on being published! How fun!
Now for your amazing card! What's not to love! I love the bling!! LOL!
SO happy to be a new follower!
Scrappy hugs,
Connie FCCB DT
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

Tammy Schmitt said...

Love this card!! Glitter Glitter Glitter!!!!!!

~Tammy

Heather said...

Cute card! I love all the sparkle. And congrats on being published!!

Blu Dolphin Bay said...

I love your card. so cute.

Donna said...

Congrats on the publication Ro!! That's awesome!! Oh that Easter chick is sooooooo cute!!!

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...