I'm Baaaaack - Creating Again

Did you miss me? Well, I missed me...the creative me, the crafty me, the card-making me. I needed a hiatus. Life throws curve-balls sometimes and one needs to get out the catcher's mitt. But I've caught all the balls and can start tossing some back now. 

It's been over 6 months since I stepped into my craft room. I stepped out back in late January. It's August. Yikes. I finally got a twinge of my mojo back and started cleaning out my craft room, purging things that weighed me down. I still have more to get rid of, but at least it's back in working order now, freshly organized and clean, and I actually spent some creative time in there yesterday.

I needed to make a birthday card for a co-worker (got a new job the end of March) so I used that to urge myself on. And I felt so much better afterward.

I wasn't exactly sure how to start back up again (left a DT because of political drama). So I went to my go-to trick....card templates. I have tons of them. A while back I printed off a bunch and keep them with my card blanks in case I need a jumping off point. I grabbed one from Try Stamping On Tuesday (TSOT Design #485) and found some coordinating papers. This is the result:

I cut all my pieces from the Fashionably Chic paper pad (Recollections) and assembled the base of the card. On a white layer of cardstock, I stamped the floral image from the Simply Soft set (Stampin' Up!) using Gina K Amalgam Black Ink. I used Distress Oxide Ink in Worn Lipstick to add the filler stamp. I matted that piece and added it to the card base. The sentiment is from a Hampton Art set (SC0730) that I had picked up at a Dollar Tree a while back. Then I whipped up the inside of the card:


I used the same paper as on the front and added a sentiment (stamp set unknown). I've had this set forever and have used this particular stamp from it a multitude of times. I just like it.

Once my card was finished, I used a scrap of leftover paper and lined the envelope, stamped the same floral image on the front of the envelope, signed and sent my card on it's merry way (happy birthday, Deb).


I can't tell you how good it feels to be creating again! I hope you enjoyed this and found a little inspiration of your own!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!


Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...