GETTING MOJO BACK WITH A CARD SKETCH (Paper Craft Crew Challenge PCC410)

I've been feeling a little blue and uncreative these past couple of weeks. I decided I needed to play Stella and get my groove back. What better way than with a great sketch for inspiration! So today, I am playing along with the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch Challenge PCC410. I found some great paper in a buried stash, grabbed the sketch, and went to town.

Here is the sketch:


I frequently use card sketches to boost my creativity. They always seem to do the trick. I dug deep into some old stashes of papers and stickers that I recently came across and they just seem to fit with the sketch. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts set "CL342 Everyday Sayings". The card turned out just like I envisioned!


To create this card, I trimmed down the beautiful beach patterned cardstock and attached it to an A2 kraft card base. I die cut/embossed a circle from vellum. I also trimmed down a piece of the leftover vellum for a card accent. I found some corrugated paper and trimmed a piece down and attached that and the vellum scrap to the front of the card. I placed some glue under the vellum circle where I knew it wouldn't show, then added that a couple of shell stickers to the card. I stamped the sentiment on brown card stock and embossed it in white. I trimmed down the sides to create a banner, then attached that using foam tape.

I was so inspired by sketches being inspiring, that I decided I'm going to try and create a few sketches for myself! I have already sketched one out I think you'll like and will be back with a couple cards I create from it. So stay tuned!

Leave me a comment below and tell me your thoughts on this card! I love to read them!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!




2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hi Ro. I love this card. Lovelg bg paper. You had me fooled. I thought your sticker was a stamp.

Jan Musselman said...

Beautiful card, Ro! This weeks sketch looks really good with your take on it. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...