The Best Thing About Winter

 I'm going to admit, this is not one of my favorite cards. There! I said it! However, I do like it's bones, so that is why I'm sharing it with you today. I used one of the new stamps released by Technique Junkies called Inside Out: I Love Snow. This stamp set has several sentiments for both the outside AND the inside of your cards. There are several sets like this over at TJ, perfect for those who struggle with adding something to their card "guts". Here are pics of both the outside and the opened card:




I'm not sure what I was thinking with this color scheme, but I guess the drab colors do reflect my mood about winter. So maybe that's why the dull greens.

I used Small Snowflake Trio from Technique Junkies for the snow. For the outside panels, I white embossed them and added Distress Oxide Inks over the top in a blend from Mowed Lawn to Forest Moss to Black Soot. On the inside panel, I stamped more snowflakes in the greens on the inside and added a die cut wreath, along with the inside sentiment.

Like I said, not my favorite card. But I do like the swing cards and I love the sentiments. Next time, though, I will use some different colors.

Hope I at least gave you a few ideas. By the way, you can save 10% on your Technique Junkies purchases by adding my code below:


Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!



No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...