FCCB #186: Sparkle & Bling

Challenge #188 Sparkle and Bling
Make a project that sparkles

~This Weeks Sponsor~
Winner will receive a free class of their choice!

Be sure to visit our wonderful sponsor and the FCCB blog to join in our challenge so you can be eligible for the prize.




This weeks challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut is to use some Sparkle and Bling on your project. Well, since this little elf has been busy working on Christmas gifts, it just inspired me to get one of my Granddaughter's gifts done a little quicker.

My little Kai (rhymes with eye, short for Kaileigh) is a budding artist herself. She's not quite 4, but has the vocabulary and understanding of a six year old, I swear.  Since one of our favorite activities is making "stuff", what better gift for her than a cart full of craft supplies, all for her!

Top of Cart
Front of Cart
I started out with a plain black plastic cart, and busted out my glittery vinyl.  A short time later, I had a cart full of sparkly goodness.



I used Cricut Alphabet to cut out all the words, using my Gypsy to design (Apple and Cricut still not playing nice) and my Cricut Expression to cut.




I even made a little apron for my girl using a piece of acetate for a stencil.



I've filled it with goodies galore and will probably be adding things here and there as I pick them up.


The best Christmas gift I ever received was when I was about 11 or 12.  I received a big box full of art supplies.  It was the best gift for a budding artist, and I've always remembered that wonderful feeling I got when I opened it up and saw all the oil pastels and charcoal pencils and paper and oil paints.  Oh! I just got a rush again!  So I am hoping I can pass that special time on to Miss Kai.  And in such a sparkly way!



Keeping it kind of short today.  Whacked out with a bad case of bronchitis and I think I have a lung or two to cough up.  Sorry, not a pretty picture, is it?

I hope you are encouraged to head over to Fantabulous Cricut and play along.  You will surely be inspired by all the wonderful goodies the Design Team has to share!

I wish all of my regular readers and all the visitors a very Blessed Thanksgiving.  If you're traveling during the holiday, be safe.

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...