FCCB #186: Ribbons and Buttons

Buttons and Bows...


My daughter asked me to make a 50th birthday card for her boss, and since I needed to do a project anyway....a 50th birthday card I did!

The challenge at FCCB this week is to use at least one button and one ribbon.  Mission accomplished!

I have to apologize that I didn't use more Cricut cuts on this. Unfortunately, I updated my Mac software to the new Mavericks, and the Cricut Craft Room hasn't learned how to play nice with it yet. I got a little frustrated and called it quits with what I had cut out.  Sorry.  But sometimes, that's just how it goes. Plus, I'm coming down with my quarterly bout of bronchitis, so I'm not feeling the perkiest!)

But I did manage to put together a neat little card, despite myself.  



Here is the basic layout. I created a swing card.



I cut the swirls from Cricut Essentials, and the rest of "stuff" was from my stash.  The shiny paper is from DCWV, the larger silk flower is from Bazill, and the remainder of the stuff is either Recollections or unknown.

Here are some close-ups for your viewing pleasure.







I hope you enjoyed the short and sweet of it all.  Please join us over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog for this weeks contest. Head over there now to see what the other fabulous designers have to share with you!

Also, FCCB is currently looking for a few DT members to add to their wonderful group.  Go HERE and check it out. We would love to have you join us!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!



No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...