TRN Special Post

Getting My Christmas Card-Making Groove On


I just couldn't wait for my next post for The Robin's Nest.  So I am sharing a "special edition" on my blog.  I have done a couple of cards with some of their "wintery" cardstock and supplies and just had to post them!


Here is the first one:



I have to tell ya....TRN has some of the most A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. cardstock!  It's such a nice weight and the graphics and texture and glitter are of such great quality.  Here is a picture of the basic supplies used and cut sizes for the cardstock.



I layered all the elements, popping up a couple of layers with foam tape.


Foam tape added to the back of the red layer and the sentiment layer.
Once the layers were assembled, I added the snowflake and Dew Drops from TRN.




I decided to finish the inside of the card with another sentiment and some more of the luscious red cardstock, and a couple more glittered snowflakes.




Supplies Used:  Red Cardstock, Dew Drops, Black and White Pine Tree Cardstock, Glittered Snowflakes (all from The Robin's Nest); stamps from HOTP Christmas Cheer; Cranberry Crisp Ink from Stampin' Up; foam tape and adhesive; white cardstock; ribbon.

For the second card, I chose a Red Snowflake paper from The Robin's Nest.



Here is the breakdown:



I layered up the cardstock and ribbon, then adhered them together.



I added the snowflake clips, a couple of diamond shaped Dew Drops and some Barn Red Stickles (heart) to finish off the front of the card.




For the inside, I used a simple layer and sentiment.


This card ended up with a sort of nostalgic feel to it, and I like that!


Supplies used:  Red Snowflakes Cardstock, Snowflake Clips and Diamond Dew Drops (all from The Robin's Nest); Barn Door Stickles; Jet Black StayzOn Ink; HOTP Christmas Stamps; Ribbon, Black and White Cardstock

And if you're not too bored with me yet (how could you be with these great papers?!), I'd like to share one more card.

I just had to do one more with the Black and White Pine Cardstock.  



I added elements from the Hunter Classic Glitter Cardstock and some gold cardstock. Here are the measurements.



I die cut the scalloped oval and cut it in half.  I also die cut the oval for the sentiment and lightly inked the edges while still in the die frame.  I cut one more strip of gold cardstock and vee'd the edges to resemble a ribbon.  I added a couple of snowflakes and some Dew Drops to finish off the accents.




For the inside of the card, I again kept it fairly simple.  Some cardstock, a sentiment, and some corner accents.  The sentiment was embossed in gold.



Supplies Used:  Black and White Glitter Pine Tree Cardstock, Hunter Classic Glitter Cardstock, Dew Drops (all from The Robin's Nest); White Cardstock, Gold Cardstock, HOTP Christmas stamp set, Hunter Green Ink from Stampin' Up; Versamark Ink; Gold Embossing Powder; Snowflakes; Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Dies

Thanks so much for letting me take up your time.  I enjoyed sharing and hope you got some inspiration and ideas.

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...