YOU ARE MERMAZING!

I have been having a lot of fun with this particular stamp set from Technique Junkies. The images and sentiments are so cute I just can't seem to get enough of them. Today I am sharing a card I created using the mermaid image from the Oceans of Love, Set of 9 (SS119).

Oceans of Love, Set of 9 (SS119)
Swirly Waves (S802)
I also love the background image! It's a perfect backdrop for this adorable mermaid and turtle. 

To create the card, I started with a turquoise A2 card base. On a white piece of cardstock, using my trusty MISTI stamping platform, I stamped the mermaid image with black ink. I also stamped the image onto some masking paper and trimmed that out. I placed the mask over the stamped image, then stamped the Swirly Waves image using Aladine Dye Izink in Mer Du Sud (South Sea). Then, with an ink blending brush, I added a lighter blue in some areas to soften the stark white waves. I added a light turquoise panel to the back of that and attached it to the card base.

Using my favorite coloring pencils, Faber-Castell Polychromos, I colored in the mermaid and turtle image. I've been practicing a lot with these pencils. I hope you notice some improvement! lol. I then added a beautiful shimmer to the mermaid tale using a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Pen. Just look how cool that is!
 
I then stamped the sentiment using black ink to finish off the card. I have to say, this is one of my favorite cards of late. I just love this stamp set! (Did I mention that already?) Here are the stamp set images:

Oceans of Love, Set of 9 (SS119)

Swirly Waves (S802)
Did you know you can save 20% on all the summer and beach themed stamps over at Technique Junkies? Just enter the code Summer2020 at checkout. But today is the last day, so hurry! All other items at Technique Junkies can be purchased at a 10% discount by using the code below.

Please stop back by tomorrow, July 1st, for the monthly release of stamps from Technique Junkies. There are some awesome stamps in this release, and I'm sure you will find some to enjoy!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!


No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...