Giraffe Funny

Oh my golly! I found a stamp and stencil combination from Technique Junkies that is PERFECT together! The recently released Zen Doodle Giraffe (SD930) and the Wavy Weave Stencil from A Colorful Life are awesome companions! I paired them with a sentiment from Mae West Sentiments (PS004) and am in love with how it turned out.

CARD OUTSIDE
 
CARD INSIDE
Isn't that a fun card? To make it, I began with a kraft cardstock A2 card base. Then I grabbed some goldenrod colored CS and cut it into 4 panels. I used two and saved two for other projects. On one panel, I inked through the stencil with a dauber using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. I did the same to the inside of the card. I attached the stenciled panel to my card base and moved on to the next step.

I set up my stamp and cardstock in the MISTI so that I would be able to cleanly stamp multiple times without messing up my image. On the goldenrod CS, using Tombow markers to color my image, I stamped the giraffe. I colored the leaves with a green, then stamped; colored the giraffe with brown, then stamped; then colored a little brown on the stems of the leaves, then stamped. With a black fineline marker, I added some detail to the giraffe on the nose, eyes, and horns. I also stamped the sentiment on the CS, then trimmed the pieces down (the sentiment is one stamp, which I simply stamped then cut in half). I attached all three pieces to the card to complete the project.

I love this whimsical giraffe. And this stencil! I've seen it used so many ways (recently I saw it used as a water background). 

I encourage you to think outside the box when you look at your stamps and stencils. You never know what great combinations you can think up!

Oh, and if you like these stamps and stencils, or any of the other great selections at Technique Junkies, you can save 10% by entering this code at checkout:

Hope you found a little inspiration today. You can see my latest post and project for Technique Junkies HERE!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!




No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...