FCCB #210: Celebrate Mom



 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #210 Celebrate Mom

This Weeks Sponsor

$50.00 Giftcard to SVG Cuts


~This Weeks Challenge~

Celebrate Mom
Create a project that celebrates mom.

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project 
and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

Every Day Should Be Mother's Day

I hope all the mom's out there had a wonderful day. I think pampering should be in order EVERY day!

This week's challenge is all about Moms. And SVG Cuts! With the new Cricut Explore, you now have the capability to cut svg files. That feature opens up a whole new world of cutting opportunities!

And SVG Cuts has graciously sponsored FCCB this week, so we could all get a taste of the wonderful files they offer and the fun you can have with your Cricut Explore (or any other electronic cutter that can utilize svg files, such as the Silhouette Cameo).

For my project, I made a couple of Mother's Day cards using the Edisto Island collection from SVG Cuts.


I used some beautiful DCWV papers for this project. And all the layers and elements of this card are included in the collection when you download it, along with pictures of all the projects. Look at all the great stuff in this one collection...and they have many, many more!


Here are all the elements cut out. I didn't have to resize any of the files. Just open and cut. The card base is even pre-scored so you don't have to figure out folds!


First step is to fold the base.


Then begin assembling each element. I started with attaching the label with some brads.


Then I assembled the adorable house.

Then the trees.


And finally the bird and flowers.


Once all the embellishments are complete, it's time to build the card.





A simple hand lettered greeting, and the card is a masterpiece!


The dimension and layering of these cards is truly amazing.





I have to say, my mom LOVED her card. She's all "Oooooh, look at that! I love 3D cards. Look at this...oh, wait, you made it. You already know how cool it is."  LOL.  Yeah, mom. Awesome card for an awesome mom.


Hope you enjoyed my projects as much as my mom did! And I sure hope you play along with us at FCCB! Great fun, great ideas, great prizes!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...