Sketch~N~Scrap Card Sketch #22

Is It Spring Yet?

It may not be sunny and flowery outside, but that doesn't mean we can't bring some spring to our cards! Our sketch this month at Sketch~N~Scrap inspired me to do just that!

This sketch is by Lisa Hidy:


I had some vellum tape in my stash, I think it's by Flavia, and the colors and patterns were just perfect for the card I had in mind.

Toodle Noodle Creative: http://rodonner.blogspot.com

I used some Spellbinders dies and cut out two pieces, one green and one white. While still in the die, I sponged some green ink around the edges of the white piece. In that same green, I stamped the sentiment. The flowers (Stampin' Up!) were stamped in bright pink. The clip and ribbon were added as a perfect accent. Actually, I didn't have the right color orange ribbon, so I used white and colored it with orange ink.

For the inside of the card, I added a simple birthday greeting along with a few more strips of the vellum tape.


Such a bright and cheery card, and so quick and easy to do. I hope you'll join us at Sketch~N~Scrap for this card challenge. Head over there now and see all the great inspiration from the Design Team. We'd love to have you play along!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...