FCCB #178: ABC's/123s (Vinyl)

...and they lived happily ever after.

Well, the wedding was beautiful, and despite all the hiccups with the setup and decorating, everything came out fine and the happy couple are on their honeymoon.  And we can all rest easy now.


The challenge this week over at FCCB is to use vinyl with some ABCs and 123s.  Vinyl is SO easy to work with.  It cuts so nicely and, if you take your time, your projects will come out great!

My signature wedding gift....an "established" sign....became my project to share this week.  Since I was able to give my niece and her new husband my gift prior to this post, I am able to share it with you now.  (They loved it, by the way!)  Here is the project:

FCCB #178
(I discovered just how difficult it is to take a photo of a glass project. Wow!)  Anyhow, I love how the clear glass will enable this piece to match any wall color the couple chooses.  Their theme was kind of a lovebirds thing...bare trees and birds were prevalent throughout.  So I chose images to reflect that theme and am very happy with out it turned out.

Here is how it came together:

I chose a frame from Michaels.

I then laid out my images and text using the Cricut Craft Room. I used Gypsy Wanderings, Home Decor and Cricut Basic Font cartridges. a 12x24 Cricut mat and, of course, vinyl from cricketvinylsupplies.com.

When I have a large area to work with, I cut it into sections and work with one section at a time.  

Once I have the background removed, I start weeding out the other areas in between the letters.

After all the vinyl has been weeded, it is ready to be placed on the project.

The transfer film is placed on the image and burnished so that it will easily remove from the backing paper.

Image is on the transfer paper and ready to be placed on the project.

Once the images have been placed, it is burnished again, then the transfer film is removed, slowly, while keeping it close to the project base.  Note how the film is only held an inch or so above the glass. 

This shows the depth between the glass and the table top.  Just thought it looked kinda cool! lol

And there you have it!

Hope you like the project!  Time to head on over to FCCB and check out what the other Design Team members have to share with you!  But before you go......

Winner, winner!

It's time to announce the winner of last week's FCCB Blog Hop!

The random number generator selected #13, Janice, who said:
"Very nice project....love the message, too.
How lovely of you to offer blog candy! I am a brand-new follower by Google Blogger. Yippee!!!"

Congratulations, Janice!  I will be contacting you!

Until next time, keepin' it crafty!

7 comments:

Janis said...

Yippee.....That's me! Thanks soooooo much for your yummy blog candy of the vinyl!! I am very excited!
<3 J

Mollie said...

I really like your project, it looks so nice! Great job!

Missy said...

Oh my this is just so pretty!! The images you chose are so very elegant!!

JoNeita said...

Your project is beautiful!!!
FCCB DT Sis, JoNeita

Docerela said...

fun project and tutorial!

Have a great week my friend

Dt sister

Catarina

Connie Can Crop said...

This is gorgeous and such an awesome gift idea! I love it! Will have to remember this for future weddings I attend!! Scrappy hugs, Connie Can Crop

Michelle N. said...

This is stunning-I love the fonts and images you chose!

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...