Christmas Crafting

Christmas Crafting 101...

The past couple of evenings I have had the luxury of spending time in my craft room.  What a happy place!  Bright colors, lots of supplies, and glitter EVERYWHERE!!  

This first project (although no glitter was involved) is my first attempt at a bone pillow (don't be too harsh, lol)...


I was at a craft show in Tennessee this past week and wanted to purchase another bone pillow like the one I had purchased for hubby the year before.  The lady didn't want to make change for me because it would "take all her $5's"...guess she didn't have any $20's???  Grrrr.   Anyhow, her loss.  No sale.

Well...I've been wanting to get a sewing machine.  I have an embroidery machine, but it's a pain in the a** (PITA) to switch stuff around to go from embroidering to sewing.  So I wanted something to just sew!  And since my birthday is Saturday, I did what any intelligent wife would do....I bought myself the machine I wanted and told my hubby "Look what you got me for my birthday!!!".  Fortunately, he didn't even yell.  Just grumbled something about "that's all you're getting then" and went about his business.  Tee Hee....I love my present, Scotty!

Well, I brought home my Brother, unpacked it and set it up and set about making a pattern for this pillow (which I originally wanted to get for my boss for his "power naps").  First attempt mind you...it turned out soft and cuddly and not too shabby.  (Don't laugh too hard!)  Now I just have to make a few more for some gifts (and one for me!) and then I will move on to another project.  There's always another project.

Now, after my stencil class a couple of weeks ago (see previous post), I have been hooked on glitter and stencils and all things twinkly.  Generally for Christmas I come up with one design and mass produce.  This year, I'm making some very special one-of-a-kind cards for some very special one-of-a-kind people.  This is the second card I've done (the first is also in my previous post).  


I have had the pinecone stencil for a LOOOOOOOOONG time, but I was never happy with anything I tried with it.  Until the wonderful world of glitter, that is.  I have to thank (blame) Laura Drahozal from Dreamweaver Stencils and Kathy Mast at Altered Art Addicts for getting me hooked on this...Kathy for having the class and Laura for teaching it.  You have created a MONSTER!

Anywhoooo, I whipped out all my vats of glitter that I have been hoarding (and some new ones I may have purchased recently...again, the birthday thing) and got to playing.  I must say I really like how this card turned out.  The "Season's Greetings" stencil is a Dreamweaver one I recently acquired (yesterday :D ) and the snowflakes I've had for eons.  Some sort of confetti thing, I think.  I have a lot and manage to use a few each year on something.  Actually, with the exception of the one stencil and one or two (ok, three) new glitters, everything was from my stash. 

Here is a closeup of the most awesome twinkliness...(it's a word, I just made it up)...


Hopefully this evening I will have enough energy to finish another card I started yesterday and maybe get another one done.  At this rate, I may be ready to send cards out NEXT year!  LOL

So I leave you today with the wish for a day full of twinkliness.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...