CHRISTMAS CARD'N

I have a super fun card to share with you today. I actually made my own stencil to do the background because I wanted something plaid, but I also wanted to use the Technique Junkies Shimmering Bliss sprays. And I wanted it to be Christmas-y. And I had a new winter-y stamp I wanted to play with. Soooo....I got a little crafty and put them all together.  Here is my card.



After designing the stencil, I cut it out of a plastic report cover with my Silhouette Cameo. I took a piece of cardstock and placed the first stencil on top. I sprayed the CS with Technique Junkies Shimmering Bliss in Wine Stain. I removed the stencil and placed the other stencil on top of the CS, then sprayed with Luscious Lawn. After removing that stencil, I sprayed the whole piece with Iridescent. It gave the plaid a shimmery goodness that just can't be beat! 



For the silver paper, I took plain white CS and sprayed it with Silver Shimmering Bliss. I love that you can use these sprays to create any color (or pattern for that matter) paper using these Shimmering Bliss sprays. It opens up a whole new world of creativity.

For the last part of the card, I stamped the snowman and sentiment using Snowman Whimsy (SD880) and the words from Christmas Cactus (JT004). The snowman was colored in with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. I cut out and assembled all the pieces, then added a few sequins (Little Things for Lucy's Cards - Ice Cube) for bling.  Here is a little closer look at the detail and shimmer:



I hope you like this card and are inspired to try creating your own background papers with the Shimmering Bliss spray.  As a little added bonus, if you order any Christmas Stamp from Technique Junkies, you will save 20%. And on top of that, save an EXTRA 10% by adding the code "TJ10Ro" at checkout. That is 30% OFF!!!! Why not take advantage of this wonderful deal and get going on those Christmas cards! And that extra 10% is good on any product from TJ (except new releases). 

Happy crafting!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!



No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...