FCCB #184: Signs of Fall

What Are The Signs of Fall?


Changing Leaves, Cooler Temperatures....Glittery Dogs????  

Ok, so that last one might not be a sign of fall, but it is a sign that I have been crafting glittery fall cards with a craft room full of dogs.  Seven of them.  What can I say, they love me.  
And if you have ever crafted with glitter, you know that it gets EVERYWHERE!  Nothing that a lint roller can't fix though.  

So here is what I created...


While the picture doesn't totally do it justice, IRL (in real life) it is so twinkly and colorful and, well, fall-y!!

I started by cutting my gold cardstock to 6"x8" and scored in half.  I then cut another piece of gold at 5.75"x7.75" and ran that through the Cuttlebug using a folder from the Fabric Swatches set.  This has to be on of my all time favorite folders. It's a basket weave and I just adore it.  


The gold cardstock that I used is fairly thick, but I still managed to get a beautiful impression.  Want to know the secret? Lightly mist both sides of your cardstock before placing it in your embossing folder. That will help it hold a beautifully detailed impression.

I then added foam tape to the back of that and adhered it to the front of the card for a little dimension.


For the glittery trees, I used a brass stencil (LG745) by Lynell Harlow (Dreamweaver) and a bunch of fine glitter in several colors.

I used a coconut soap to coat the back of the stencil to keep it sticking to the double sided mounting paper.  This paper is created especially for use with glitter and stencils by Dreamweaver.  With the stencil in place, I added the blue glitter and a little bit of green toward the bottom.  I then removed the stencil and added little bits of glitter in various colors to signify a variety of changing leaves.


Once I had the bits of leaves filled in, I added the trunks and remainder of leaves and borders.


I then removed the backing and placed that on the front of my card.


Once that was done, I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the word "Blessings" using the Gypsy Font cartridge which came in stalled on my Gypsy.  I cut the letters out of the same gold cardstock that I used on the card base and adhered them to the front of the card.


For the inside of the card, I found a verse on line and printed it on vellum.  I then cut that and glued the four corners to the inside of the card.  I used a Stampin' Up! punch to cut the corners out of the gold cardstock and embossed them using the basket weave folder.  They also act as an added way to make sure the vellum stays adhered without seeing the glue.


Glittering the scene took a little time, but the results were oh so worth it!


I hope you visit Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and play along with this week's challenge: Signs of Fall.  I would love to see YOUR designs!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...