FCCB #179: Going Places

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a.....BIKE?


Today's challenge on Fantabulous Cricut is to use some kind of transportation on your project. Since I've been on the go so much lately, I thought I'd slow it down a little and decided a bike would fit the bill.  I chose to do a card (I know, shocker!) and opted for "Thinking of You".

FCCB #179
Here is how it came together:

I selected the bike and frame from Heritage, and the grass if from Paper Dolls for Every Day.  I opted to cut the bike twice from two different colors so I could blend them together to get a two-tone bicycle. 
Once they were cut, I weeded out the images and "spliced" the two bikes together.
For the sentiment on both the front and the inside, I used the Jubilee cartridge and chose to use the amazing magnetic pen holder from Cri-Kits. These are very easy to use.  The holder is placed in the machine instead of the blade housing.  The pens just "snap" right in and are held in place with the magnet located on each pen.
This is how the Cri-Kit pen holder looks when properly placed.
I set the "cut" to two times to insure I got a good coverage with the pen.
I love the twinkly letters!! I simply cut the images to fit the placement on my card.
I used a marker to color the window chipboard from Gina's Designs.
I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the background and added some Flower Soft in Delphinium Blue to fill the bicycle basket with flowers.
I love the background and how quaint the flowers look in the basket.
The sentiment just pops with the Cri-Kits glittery gel pens. A little bit of twine finishes off the frame.
The inside of the card is simple, yet provides a nice finish to the card.
One more look:

I hope you are inspired to play along with us over at FCCB.  I also hope you check out Cri-Kits and the wonderful pen holders. They are a great addition to your Cricut.

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

5 comments:

Michelle N. said...

This is so wonderful! Love the flocked "flowers" and all the extra little touches! Great job!

Missy said...

This is great Ro, I really like the embossing and the sweet little window!!

Rhonda Emery said...

such a cute and detailed bike love it

Mollie said...

Great card Ro! LOVE the embossed "wall", it looks awesome! Love the bike and window too. Fabulous job!

Amy said...

What a wonderful card! Love the flower soft in the basket. Anyone would LOVE to receive this card.

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...