FCCB Challenge #162

God Bless The USA!

It is the time of year when our deepest thanks are offered for those brave men and women who have served and continue to serve our country to keep her safe and free.  We are the land of the free and the home of the brave.  We are America.

It is my pleasure to join the Fantabulous Cricut Design Team in saluting our troops, both past and present, for their dedication to protecting this country, and honoring them this Memorial Day.


Here is my project for this challenge:


I chose the words from Lee Greenwood's song, "God Bless the USA".  How appropriate and fitting.  As soon as I sat down to do this project, those words kept playing through my head and I knew they would be the inspiration for my card.

Naturally I chose red, white and blue.  I computer journaled the sentiment and cut out the USA and "God Bless America" using the Stand & Salute Cricut Cartridge.  The cardstock is from Recollections (white) and Stampin' Up! (red and blue).  I dug through my bling stash and found these awesome star jewels that added the twinkle.  Here's a close-up of the front, and the inside of the card.



I hope you are inspired to play along with the FCCB Challenge.  Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.  God Bless!

Until next time, keepin' it crafty!

4 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Fabulous card! Love the stars! Super cute!

Susie

Missy said...

Super card Ro I like the dimensional stars you added to it. Happy Memorial Day!!!

AmyT said...

Love your card. Wonderful job. Happy Memorial Day

Genevive said...

great blog you have Ro :) just want to say welcome to the DT team *wink* hope we can be blogmates!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...