IN THE ABSTRACT: PLAYING WITH A NEW KIT FROM TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS

I got this kit recently and I am absolutely smitten with it. I kept looking at it when it first came out and telling myself that I certainly did not need another set of stamps, dies or stencils. But I kept being drawn to it and thinking about it and, every time I saw it, couldn't believe how much I really liked it. So....yeah, no will power for creative things that move me. I ordered it.

And I am so happy I did.

I have been playing with the stencils (which includes both the stencil AND the masks), dies (yes, I had to order the add-on because they are so awesome), and stamps (some with abstract designs and some with the sweetest sentiments). Also included in the kit were some beautiful envelopes, seals, and tiny little gems. All packaged in a cool zippered pouch for storage. (And, no, I am not selling them, nor do I get any kind of benefit from this post...I just simply love this set and felt the need to share my enthusiasm.)

So are you ready to see my first 4 cards?


All background inks used were Distress Oxides applied with a brush. The sentiments were stamped with Gina K Amalgam Ink. The cardstock I used was heavyweight white and black (Recollections). Glue used was Gina K Connect. 

I had so much creative fun putting these together. My mind just went free. I only glued close to the stem on the dies so that there was a little movement in them when attached. They create a lot of depth and dimension.





I had a difficult time picking a favorite, but it may be last one. Do you have a favorite? I'd love to hear in the comments. 

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky.




#tayloredexpressions

#intheabstract


1 comment:

Cindy Groh said...

Those are really cool cards.

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...