Duplicate Stamps???

We've all done it. Purchased a stamp set that we already had. Oops, right? Well, this time, I actually did it ON PURPOSE! And here's why...

The Pretty Pots (S808) stamp set I have been wearing out enjoying all month is so versatile...Background, stamp and cut out, masking, etc. Well, I had a vision of something else. I absolutely adore this set (in case you hadn't already figured that out), so I purchased a second set...intentionally! Why? So I could do a little surgery and cut all the pots apart. Again, why? So I could do THIS!


Super cool, yeah? A while back, I had made a DIY wreath template. I thought these little pots would look adorable with that. So I chopped up a set to use as individual stamps! I'm a little coo-coo that way, but I get so much more love from a set when I do that. Now, not all stamp sets are surgically alterable. But this one...DEFINITELY! (imho)

I used my MISTI and homemade wreath template, selected three of the little pots, and stamped them with Memento Ink (Bamboo Leaves). The sentiment, Get Well Soon (SDX126), was stamped with Rich Cocoa.  I rounded the corners, added some gold and brown stickers, matted it with brown CS, and attached it to a cream CS base. The pots were colored with Marvy Brush Markers, and the "flowers" were added using Kaisercraft Glitter Gel Pens (I'm loving these pens!!!).

So next time you "accidentally" purchase a duplicate, you may want to give it a second look. 

If you like these stamps, or any of the large assortment available at Technique Junkies, you can save 10% by using the code "TJ10Ro" (see badge on the panel to the right).

And stay tuned! Only a few more days until a brand new bunch of TJ stamps are released (April 1st -- no foolin'!)! Be sure to join us for our monthly release blog hop!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!


No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...