BIRTHDAY PARTY - CAT STYLE

Hope everyone is having a great December. As someone with a December birthday, I never want my birthday cards to be "Christmas-y". So I always make sure I have a little stash of non-holiday birthday cards for those December birth-babies. Here is a cute card celebrating a birthday - Cat-Style!


I just love the smug pussycat grin and all the happy little mice! Such a fun card! I used two Technique Junkies stamp sets:  MOUSE BIRTHDAY PARTY (SS062) and BIRTHDAY CAT (SD860).

I started by stamping the cat on CS and creating a mask. I then stamped the most forefront mouse and masked him. I stamped the the second mouse and masked him as well. 

I stamped the birthday cake, and added a mask to that. With all four masks in place, I stamped the little mouse peeking out from the cake and the other two mice. One would never guess there are only two mice stamps used on this card. 

The images were all colored with Spectrum Noir Markers. I used a a marker with an air bulb (blows the marker ink in spatters) to add the "confetti".

For the sentiment, I stamped and embossed the "Happy Birthday" on a piece of CS and trimmed it down. I added some foam tape to the back and added it to the image panel. 

The panel was then mounted with black CS and attached to a white A2 card base.  The two stamp sets go so well together and make such a cute card!

In case you didn't know, there are some great sales going on over at Technique Junkies! And be sure to enter my special code at checkout to receive an additional 10% on your purchase!

Hope you found some inspiration and helpful ideas in this post. Happy stamping!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!


No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...