SNOWFLAKE JOY

NOTE:  TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SAVE 30% ON CHRISTMAS STAMPS OVER AT TECHNIQUE JUNKIES! All Christmas stamps are 20% off, plus save an additional 10% using my special code (See bade to the right).

I just can't seem to get enough of these versatile snowflake stamps from Technique Junkies. There are two sets that I have been using over and over (and over!):  Snowflakes (Set of 9) and Snowflakes.  



I have made a LOT of cards with these sets in just the past couple of weeks. This one, though, oh! I've been trying to stay away from the traditional colors in my cards this year so I have frequently been using the color teal, and the snowflakes fit perfectly with that color! See if you agree...



I created the background using my MISTI and several of the stamps from the two sets shown above (with a little filler snowflake from the set Let It Snow), all stamped with a teal stamp pad. Then, using the Brother Scan-N-Cut, I cut out a "J" and a "Y" in the center of the panel, leaving enough space for a snowflake "O". I trimmed the panel down and attached it to a layer of teal CS, then to the A2 card base.  I then stamped one of the snowflakes on the same teal CS and trimmed it down. I added some shimmer using a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Pen. A little acrylic embellishment for the center of the snowflake, and some foam tape to pop the snowflake out a little, and this card is done!

Here is a closer glimpse...oh that shimmer!



Now, tell me, do you love those snowflakes or what! I also created a set of eight cards as part of a fund-raiser for my granddaughter's upcoming school trip. Just like snowflakes, no two backgrounds are ever the same!



I hope you enjoyed this post and found some creative inspiration. (Don't forget, you can save 10% on any of these stamp sets by using the code "TJ10Ro" -- see the badge on the upper right corner of my blog page).

Enjoy your holidays!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!



No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...