Ministry of Silly Walks

How many of you are Monty Python lovers? Even if you aren't, this project will tickle your funny bone.

I just returned from Stampaway in Cincinnati, Ohio, where I had the pleasure of working in the Technique Junkies Booth with Pat Huntoon. A very sweet lady had mentioned that there were no samples of a particular stamp and she would love to see it used. Look no more, my friend. I present Silly Walks (SS037), a set of 13 stamps from Technique Junkies!


Granted, the front of the card is a tad plain. The real surprise is inside. I used my new-to-me Karen Burniston die set called Twist Panel Pop-Up (#1009) that I purchased while at Stampaway. Click on the video below to see the pop-up in action!


Too fun! I love action cards! And the Silly Walks stamp set is just perfect for this card! Here are a couple of still shots of the inside of the card.



As I mentioned, there are 13 stamps in this set. Check out that walking style! I have to admit, I rewatched this skit on YouTube and it made me chuckle, even after all these years. If you want to watch it, too, I have linked it HERE.


The little hat used on the card was from another Technique Junkies stamp set called Hats Off to Dad (SD792). The sentiments on the front and top inside were generated from my label maker.

If you want to get your Monty Python on, you can save 10% at Technique Junkies on any of the stamps I've used here (and any others that tickle your fancy) by using the code below.

Hope I brought a chuckle to your day. 

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!

1 comment:

Connie L. Riley said...

Hello Ro,
Two of my crafting friends went to Stampaway. One came home with the Silly Walks stamp for me as she knows I'm a Monty Python fan as much as she is. I'm also a Karen Burniston fan. When I browsed to see examples for the stamp, I was delighted to find your excellent example! Thanks for sharing; I enjoyed it very much. I tried the link to the original Monty Python skit, unfortunately it has been blocked for copyright reasons. Too bad--I would have loved to see it again. However, I do believe in helping artists and copyright holders' rights being upheld.
Connie

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...