Technique Junkies June Stamp Release - Let's Hop!


Hello, Junkies fans! Welcome to a new month, and a new hop full of fun new stamps! I am particularly excited for this month's collection. As you can tell from my blog (and especially if you know me), I am a HUGE FAN of Flamingos! If you are too, you will LOVE the new releases in the Flamingo family. Woot! Woot! There are also some great nautical, beachy and sunflower stamps too!  

All the new releases for June are on sale until June 8th! Save 15% off any new release (no code needed, it is automatically applied at checkout). And use the code "TJ10Ro" to save 10% on almost everything else in your cart! And remember, this code is good any time...no expiration!

If you have arrived from the talented Janelle Stolfuss, you are on the right track. If not, you may want to start at the VERY BEGINNING so you don't miss any of the wonderful projects from the Design Team! So, without further ado, let's flamingle!




Happy Bird-Day Flamingos:  This card started with a white A2 card base. To that I added a black CS panel. For the feature of the card, I stamped the Flamingos Background stamp in pink ink on white CS. I then added some black definition with a fine tip marker. I then stamped the Happy Bird-Day sentiment on white CS and die cut the shape. Using a Nuvo Glitter Marker (Raspberry Tart), I highlighted the edge of the cut shape. After wrapping a pink iridescent ribbon around the stamped panel, I foam taped the die cut sentiment on top. 


Flamingo Bird-Day:  I chose another flamingo from the new releases called (not surprisingly) Flamingo 1.  I also again used the Happy Bird-Day sentiment. Who wouldn't love a flamingo birthday card!! That's why I made two!  For this card, I stamped the flamingo on white CS and colored it with markers. I then cut it out (I used my Brother Scan-N-Cut for that part...I hate fussy cutting by hand! lol).  On a piece of vellum, I stamped the sentiment and used a die to cut out the scalloped oval shape. For the background, on kraft CS, I stamped an older TJ Stamp (which I still love!) called Nature. I used Versamark ink and chalk to add a soft colored effect. I trimmed that piece down and lined the edges with Nuvo Glitter Markers in Morning Moss (one of the new colors!). Using foam tape, I adhered that panel to a kraft card base. I then attached the vellum panel and flamingo. I added some clear Nuvo Crystal Drops to add a little highlight.



Are you sick of Flamingos yet?  I sure ain't! LOL.  Can't get enough! So here is one more.

Land on Both Feet:  This sassy card again features the Flamingos Background stamp. And a new sentiment called Balance on One Leg. I used a dark pink card base and added a black CS panel. I added a black die cut shape to the background image and topped it off with a strip of black ribbon. That was then adhered to the card base. I stamped the sentiment on to dark pink CS using black ink and die cut the sentiment. That was added to the card using foam tape. I highlighted "one leg" and "both feet" with a fine glitter marker. I then added a couple of pink feathers and some faux pink water drops. Fun card!



Ok, I'm done with the flamingos...at least until my next post!  ;)

Sunflower Kisses: My final card for the hop features a magnificent floral stamp called Sunflower Duo along with a matching sentiment called Sunflower Sentiments (Set of 2).  This card starts with a white card base. On a brown CS panel, I stamped a background using a great TJ stamp called Sunflowers. I clear embossed the panel and adhered it to the card base. On a piece of white CS, I stamped the Sunflower Duo in brown ink and colored it using watercolor pencils and a water brush. I drew a light pencil line where I wanted the edge to be, and trimmed out the right side of the panel. After rounding the two corners and adding some Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centers, I attached that to the card with foam tape. On a scrap piece of white CS, I stamped the sentiment in brown ink and trimmed it down to a banner. I lined the edge of the piece with Nuvo Glitter Markers in Iced Americano (another new color!) and then attached that piece with foam tape.  I truly love how this card turned out, which renewed my love for sunflowers! Can't wait to make some more cards with these two new sets!



Well, that's the end of my projects for this hop. Hope you enjoyed what I had to share (and hopefully I got you hooked on flamingos!! lol).  Remember, the sale goes only until June 8th, so get your orders in early. And to save 10% on almost everything else, use the code below:
Your next stop along the way is to the very creative Judy Jackson. I am sure you will love her projects!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!


No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...