Neutral Shadows

Technique Junkies Technique!

Hi, fellow stamp fanatics!  Welcome back!

I was perusing some of my old Technique Junkie newsletters the other day, and came across a technique I had not yet tried. It sounded quick and easy, so I gave it a go. The Neutral Shadows technique is from the February/March 2011 (told you they were old!) issue, and was perfect for this sympathy card!

To start, I stamped the Birds On A Fence (S613) stamp using Versamark Ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Even though it turned out more creamy colored than white, I still like it. Then, using a sponge dauber and some Distress Ink, I added color all around the embossed image and wiped off the excess from the embossed area.


I stamped the sentiment from the With Sympathy (SS049) set and added some Nuvo Crystal Drops for a little more dimension.

I hate needing sympathy cards, but at least this one was enjoyable to create!

And don't forget....

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...