Cricut Cartridge Storage

My Never-Ending Quest for the Perfect Storage Solutions


I have redone it and redone it. But I'm closer each time. I'm talking about my craft room supply storage. I swear I spend as much time organizing and reorganizing as I do crafting. Can you relate?

As I was moving my craft room, I had condensed my Cricut and supplies down to a 2-drawer wheeled printer cart, which seems to be working perfectly.  I moved my handbooks from my cubes to photo boxes in my Cricut cart. I "deboxed" the cartridges previously and made little trays for the carts for the new Cricut cart, but I just wasn't quite happy with that. 



I made little labels which I intended to just stick on the tops of the carts and be able to identify from the top which cartridge was which. Yeah, that didn't work.  The labels did not want to stick to the curvy cartridge tops. So I had to come up with another plan.  {LIGHT BULB MOMENT}

I made up some tiny little boxes that the cartridges fit in and applied the label to the top so I could store them in my CriCart (clever, eh?). The boxes fit into my flimsy trays, but they were still flimsy. So I decided to redo the boxes using some sturdy cardboard. Perfect-o!



The storage trays are 6"x11", scored at 2" on all sides. The tiny boxes are 3"x3.5", scored at 5/8" on all sides.





Now, all I have to do is cover the ugly cardboard with something pretty...I'm thinking pink zebra duct tape. I even made a few extras so I have room to grow.  

Well, that's my quick little blurb for the day. Off I go to finish up that craft room move (SO close to being finished!).


Til next time, keepin' it crafty!


No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...