FCCB Challenge #209: Use Patterned Paper


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #209 Paper Fun

This Weeks Sponsor
Winner will receive the Hello Butterflies stamp set

~This Weeks Challenge~

Paper Fun
Create a project that uses Patterned Paper

Don't Overthink It!

Sometimes I spend way too much time trying to figure out my cards. Sometimes it takes forever for me to settle on a layout, select the papers, assemble it, and know when to quit.  Sometimes I overthink it.

Well, not this time! This time, I sat in my chair, grabbed a random cartridge handbook (it turned out to be Life Is A Beach) and thumbed through it to see what struck me. Since the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut is to use multiple patterned papers on your project, I wanted something that would give me an option to use at least two or three different patterns. I settled on the sailboat and waves, and ended up using FOUR patterned papers. I cut it out, slapped it together, added a simple sentiment, and WHAM! BHAM! it's a card!  For once, I didn't overthink it and I LOVE how it turned out. Clean and Simple.


I used papers from The White Ginger Collection from DCWV. The sentiment (something random in my stash) was stamped with Memento Pear Tart, which matched the papers perfectly! I like that, instead of using the normally seen red and blue for a nautical type card, I chose to go off the beaten path with green.


I chose not to do the inside of the card. This sentiment, "Celebrate", can be used for SO many occasions (birthday, new job, new baby, promotion, retirement) that I decided I would just wait to see what occasion it will be used for.

Did you enjoy the simplicity of this card and how easy it is to mix patterned papers? Well, check out the rest of the Design Team at Fantabulous Cricut and see what they have to show you! You can play along with us! Challenge yourself to keep it simple! You might surprise yourself.

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...