FCCB #182: Black and Purple (Color Challenge!)

...and things that go BUMP in the night.


This weeks challenge over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is to use the colors black and purple in your project.  Well, what else comes to mind with those colors and this time of year?  It has to be HALLOWEEN!  Right?  Purple-y dark nights with eyes that glow.....that's what came to me!

FCCB #182
I've showed you many times how I lay things out using the Cricut Design Studio, so I won't bore you with that this time.  This is how it came together.

I started out with a 5" x 6" (6" x 10" before folding) card base.  Onto that, I layered a black mat approximately 4.75" x 5.75".  I used my watercolors to paint the background onto watercolor paper and let it dry.  I then cut that down so that it fit on my mat with just a small frame showing.


I cut out the following shapes using my Cricut and Cricut cardstock:

  • Trees were from the Bloom Cartridge
  • Bats were from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 Cartridge
  • One headstone was from Trick or Treat
  • The other headstone was from Create A Critter 2
I added googly eyes and a hand-lettered sentiment (both inside and out).  



How do I do such straight lines you ask?  I have a cheater....It's called the "Easy Straight" tool by Local Legacies.  I've included a pic with the website so you can check it out.  I use it on cards, envelopes, pretty much anything I hand-letter.  I bought a set years ago at a scrapbook show and have never regretted it.



And there you have it!  Please leave me some blog love.  I really enjoy reading your comments!

Hopefully, you're inspired to play along with us for this week's challenge.  Head over to FCCB now and see what the designers have brewed up!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...