Black & White at The Robin's Nest

It's a Masquerade Contest!


Hi, fellow crafters!  I'm here again with a couple of projects to share with you!  First up is my mask for the Masquerade Contest at The Robin's Nest.  



I chose to do a "Phantom" style mask.  Using the my Silhouette, I cut out two masks...the top layer and a black backing layer to add some sturdiness.



I selected some feathers, stickles and metallic pens to add some dazzle, along with my beloved TRN Dew Drops.



I added some strong adhesive tape to the front of the black mask and began sticking the feathers to it.  The strip tape is very strong and holds well.  I then added more of the tape all around the black mask and adhered the B&W top layer to it.



I then selected some Dew Drops and added them for eyebrows and around the eye (and one on the nose....it's a modern Phantom, lol).  I colored in some of the swirls with metallic markers and added some Stickles around the edge and on some of the other swirls.






I can't wait to see all the entries!  Come play along, won't you?

Supplies Used:



My next project is a Thank You card done in an easel style.



I love this style of card.  It stands up and displays so nicely, yet folds nice and flat for easy mailing.




There is even room on the inside of the card to add your personalized sentiment.  The tag on the inside acts as a stopper to keep the card upright.










I started out with my supplies.  the card is a standard A2 card.  The trick is that you fold the top part of the card in half again to create your easel.



I adhered the B&W cardstock to the black cardstock and mounted that on the yellow layer.  


The bottom half of the top layer of the card base is then glued up (I use adhesive tape) and the mounted layers adhered.

I added some dimensional tape to the back of the tag for the inside.  This holds the card in place when it is in the easel position.  You could use anything for this....a button, a brad, a diecut, etc.


I then adhered two silk flowers together, added the dazzling black snowflake (who knew a snowflake could be so versatile!) and a cool button.



I hope you're inspired to give this style of card a try.  It's really very simple yet looks so striking.

Supplies Used:


Til next time, keepin' it crafty!!






No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...