TWO YEARS AGO THIS WEEKEND....

Two years ago, a stamp company was looking for some help at a stamp show in Southfield, Michigan....about an hour and a half from my home. I debated for about two seconds and thought "why not? I will offer my help!"

Two years ago, this weekend, I worked at said stamp show...and absolutely fell in love with their stamps, the company, and it's owner. It was a "sister from another mister" kind of thing.  We worked, we talked, we laughed and we bonded over a common interest of stamping.

Two years ago, after looking at my samples and checking out my social media, she asked if I would be interested in being on her Design Team. WOULD I?????  I had been on DT's before, but this one was different. I felt honored and elated to be asked to join, and was ready for the challenge.

I was familiar with this company's techniques as I was a long-time subscriber to the newsletter eons ago. And I learned a lot from those newsletters as I was developing my own stamping "style" in cards and scrapbooks.

As you may have guessed, that Design Team was Technique Junkies and that fabulous new friend was owner, Pat Huntoon.

So this weekend marks our second "Stampiversary". Corny, I know. But stamping makes me happy. This company makes me happy. And my friendship with Pat makes me happy.

So in that spirit, here is a little card I made to celebrate the season:



The card was really not hard at all. I laid the stencil from A Colorful Life called Big Leaves on top of some ivory cardstock and sprayed different areas with TJ Shimmering Bliss (there are a LOT of beautiful colors...you should really check them out!) in Golden Olivine, Harvest Sunset, Just Squeezed and Wine Stain. After removing the stencil, I sprayed the entire piece with Imperial Yellow and set it all aside to dry. I trimmed and scored a piece of gold CS to create a 5"x5" card base. I trimmed a piece of of deep red CS to 4.5"x4.5" and matted that on the card base. I trimmed the stenciled piece to 4.25"x4.25" and adhered that to the matted base.

Using one of the stamps from the Autumn Set of 6 stamp set (SS078), I stamped a piece of gold vellum (Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink). Once dry, I used a die to cut a label from the stamped image. I attached the label to the card (Gina K Designs Connect Glue). I added a few sequins and glimmer dots to finish off the card. I absolutely love how this card turned out. The shimmer IRL is absolutely stunning! Here is a closer look. You can see just how rich the shine is!



I am at that same stamp show in Southfield, Michigan (Stamp Scrap Art Tour) again this year...Friday through Sunday (the 28th, 29th and 30th). If you're in the area, stop by the Technique Junkies Booth and say "hi". I would love to meet you! Plus, there will be some awesome show specials!

By the way...if you like the stamps, sprays and stencil used in this post, you can save 10% at Technique Junkies by entering the code "TJ10Ro"!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!



No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...