Tone on Tone with Technique Junkies

Hey, Inky Friends! So happy you are here to join me!

Today I am sharing an extremely quick and easy card using tone on tone.  Actually, this blog post took me longer to write than it did to make this beautiful card!



Using just two stamp sets, this card ended up being absolutely stunning.




I first stamped the Birches stamp (Technique Junkies #S686) onto some ivory cardstock using Versamark and my MISTI.  I heat embossed with some tan flecked embossing powder.  I then cut the piece to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".



This background can be used for so many events. Dress it up for Christmas, darken it up for a scary Halloween background, or keep it simple like I did for this card.

I cut another piece of ivory cardstock and, using Memento Ink (Toffee Crunch), stamped the inside sentiment from the With Sympathy Set (Technique Junkies #SS049).  I have to say that this set has some of the most beautiful sentiments for bereavement cards.



On another scrap of ivory cardstock, I stamped "Our Deepest Condolences" from the With Sympathy Set (Technique Junkies #SS049) using Versamark ink. I heat embossed that with the tan embossing powder and cut it down to a banner 3/4" x 5 1/4".

Using foam mounting tape, I adhered the background to an A2 card made from the same ivory cardstock. The sentiment banner was then foam taped onto the background. The inside sentiment panel was adhered to the inside of the card.




Now this beautiful card will convey to someone how much we care about them and their loved ones.

I hope I inspired you today. If you'd like to see more of what Technique Junkies has to offer, just visit THIS LINK!

Til next time,
Keepin' It Inky!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...