Sketch~N~Scrap Card #24

Some Steampunk Just For You!

The blend of the Sketch~N~Scrap card sketch and our sponsor, Creative Embellishments brought together a steampunk inspired birthday card. I love the look of steampunk, but admittedly haven't dabbled with it too much. So there's no time like the present!

Here is the sketch:


My take:



I embossed soem kraft cardstock using two different embossing folders and lightly inked the raised images. I used some twine as my center. But the highlight of this card is definitely the gears. Here is how they started out:


Nice, sturdy chipboard. So how did I get such richness? Super simple. Embossing powder. I chose gold, silver, bronze and black. You just rub Versamark on the embellishment and cover it with the embossing powder and heat. They turned out stunning!


I glued them together and attached them to my card. They made a beautiful focal point.


Here is the inside of the my card:



I hope you enjoyed my project! Now, head over to Sketch~N~Scrap and get all the details on playing along. You could even win a $20 gift certificate to Creative Embellishments!

Here is a little about Creative Embellishments:

Creative Embellishments is a new family owned company that was created by Michael and Nicolle Kramer. We are a husband and wife team who design and manufacture unique, high quality chipboard and wood products. It is our mission is to offer fun and inspiring products to bring out your inner creativity that you can add to any project. In the near future we will be expanding into other mediums such as rubber/acrylic stamps and acrylic embellishments. Please stop over to the Creative Embellishments store and have a look around.

Creative Embellishments is offering one lucky participant a $20 gift certificate to their store!!! 


Come join the fun!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...