First April Post for Sketch~N~Scrap

Ahoy!

I have a nautical card to share with you today, based on a sketch by Kelly Holifield. Here is the sketch:


And here is my project:


I made a shaker element using vinyl foam weather seal. Yup, weather stripping. I wanted something that would be flexible. This was a little sticky to work with, but the end result was that it worked fine. I started cutting out the frame using some Spellbinders dies.


I stamped and embossed my image, then added the washi tape. I then adhered the stripping around the center that was cut out of my frame.


I added some sand and tiny rocks and placed an oval cut of acetate on top.


I then added the frame, stamped my sentiment, and added some baker's twine.


The weather stripping gives enough height to accommodate a generous amount of "stuff".


Hope you enjoyed my card and are inspired to play along with our sketches over at Sketch~N~Scrap. Head there now and you will find lots of ideas and inspiration. Our sponsor this month is Creative Embellishments. You could even with a $20 gift certificate! Go! Now! Play!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...